OUR POLICIES MAY BE CHANGING SIGNIFICANTLY! PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING MEMO TO BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT RULES SURROUNDING PLAY.
We hope this finds you healthy and happy! Covid-19 is causing us all to pause and reflect and many of you are wondering what the situation means for our industry, and for you in particular.
First and foremost, we want to assure you that your health and well-being and that of our staff and the public is of paramount importance to us. It is top of mind now and will remain so as we go forward together adjusting as circumstances warrant.
We want to do our part, to go above and beyond, to keep the sport as safe as possible while allowing for the enjoyment and love of the game experienced by so many. We are recommending that we all take serious precautions and establish new protocols as we prepare for what we hope will be a terrific golf season.
We have consulted industry experts, health officials, and courses currently open in Canada and the U.S. who have been perfecting processes, under the current health situation. We are also following the rules put in place by the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services. After all of this, we have come up with some best practices to put in place which will help minimize the risk of spreading this virus. We do not expect these changes to be permanent, but we will enforce them during the Pandemic and until they are no longer deemed necessary for safety reasons. Both the degree of change as well as the volume of change will fluctuate to reflect the current state of rules, legislation, and safety standards. Some possible changes you can expect to see include the following:
- Physical distancing is a must & will be required at all times
- Our online tee time bookings will be temporarily suspended and “walk-ons” may not be able to be accommodated. With only a finite number of tee times available as well as power carts we will need to ensure players are appropriately placed and available spots are maximized. For this reason, tee times can only be booked by calling the Pro Shop at 780-586-2254. Please expect delays in our ability to handle the volume of calls we will be receiving and be patient with us. We promise to do our best to try and accommodate everyone.
- We are doing everything we can to make the courses available to as many people as possible, and for this reason groups of up to 4 golfers booking together will have priority over smaller groups. We will make every effort to accommodate everyone, but the current situation will create situations where this is not always possible.
- Golfers must arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes before their tee time
- Once your group has arrived at the course we strongly encourage one person/group to check-in for the entire group as access to the pro shop will be extremely limited and may only be available through a walk-up window.
- Golf carts will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each use with keys already in them and will only be made available to golfer’s immediately prior to their tee time
- Following the round, golfers will be required to unload their clubs in their vehicles, empty their own garbage, and return their carts to a designated “drop-off zone” to allow staff to sanitize them and prepare them for the next guest
- Ball washers will not be put out
- Bunker rakes will not be put out – golfers can temporarily choose to play these areas as non-hazards or waste bunkers
- Cups will be altered to eliminate the need to come in contact with the flagstick
- Driving range stations will be spread out to enhance physical distancing
- Range balls and baskets will be sanitized after each use
- Sit-down food & beverage services will be temporarily suspended – “call-ahead”, “take-out”, and/or “to go” services will be provided
- Private alcohol is NOT permitted and will result in the immediate escort off the course without refund. We can happily preload you with drinks, food, and snacks in coolers before your round, at the turn, or at any point throughout your game.
- Bulk scorecards, pencils, and tees will be removed from all areas and only issued individually at check-in
- All merchandise, accessories, and food items will be removed from the counters and placed out of the reach of the public
- Staff will be trained on hygiene, sanitation, and food handling to learn about epidemic prevention & control
- Staff will be trained on Covid-19, how to recognize symptoms, how to act responsibly, and what to do if they detect or exhibit symptoms
- Staff will be trained to maintain physical distancing at all times
- Industrial grade, approved antimicrobial products will be used for all sanitation procedures
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available & present
- Increased frequency of HVAC system cleaning, filter changing as well as routine cleaning & sanitation
Thank you for your continued patience, understanding, and cooperation as we continue to make adjustments during these difficult times! Please also accept our apologies for any inconveniences that may result. We want you to know that we are here for you during this time. We will help assist you with any questions you may have. In short, we are going to get this right and ensure your safety remains our top priority, even if that requires a little inconvenience. However, we require you to do your share as well. Let’s make sure we follow the rules so we can help be part of the solution and allow for some normalcy through this difficult time.
Wishing you nothing but greens and fairways, good health and happiness.
Trish O’Connor & Judy Wyley
Black Bull Golf Resort
Find out what's new at the Black Bull Golf Resort on our social media channels